With Halloween less than three days away, many people are gearing up for costume parties, work parties, and other festivities. While this holiday can be fun and light-hearted, it is not free of danger. In fact, according to statistics, in 2013, 27% of pedestrian fatalities on Halloween involved drunk drivers. Because many people who choose to join in on the holiday festivities also choose to drink and drive, the roads become less safe for other drivers.
To keep you and your family safe, our Harrisburg personal injury lawyers have listed some helpful tips that you may want to consider:
- Do not drive if you have consumed any amount of alcohol.
- If you choose to drink, call a friend or family member to deliver you home safely.
- Use a taxi, cab, or Uber.
- If it is possible, stay the night at a friend’s house to avoid driving at night.
- Do not drive between the hours of 4:00 PM and 10:00 PM. Research states most car accidents occur during this period than any other time.
- Only drive on well-lit roads.
Harmed in an Accident Caused by a Drunk Driver? Call Metzger Wickersham.
If you suffered harm in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, we encourage you to contact our Harrisburg car accident attorneys at Metzger Wickersham as soon as possible. When you choose to work with our team, we will examine every detail associated with your accident and determine which legal strategies can help you pursue maximum financial compensation in the shortest amount of time possible.
To speak with a member of our team about your case, call our Harrisburg car accident lawyers right away. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.