The Social Security application process can seem daunting. What information
will you need? How will you know if you're filling it out correctly?
An experienced SSD attorney can assist you in completing and submitting
a new application for benefits from start to finish. However, whether
you seek help from a lawyer or decide to file the application on your
own, there is some preparation needed to help the application process
Before you start your application, gather as much information as possible
about the following topics:
Health Care Providers
- Include names, phone numbers and addresses of any and all providers that
have treated you for your conditions.
- Include the time frame when you were treated by the providers.
- List all treatments that they have prescribed for you.
- List all medications that you take (over-the-counter and prescription).
- Dosage amount and frequency
- Reason or condition it is prescribed
- Any side effects that you experience
- Name of the provider that prescribed it
If you have had any medical tests for your conditions, include:
- Name of the tests, labs, or x-rays
- Dates of the tests
- Reason it was ordered
- Name of the provider that ordered it
- List the name and address of all employers from the past 15 years.
- Include a description of the job duties you performed.
Indicate what physical activity you performed at your job in an eight hour day:
- How many hours you walked, sat, stood
- How much weight you lifted and carried
- How many hours you stooped, kneeled, crouched, or crawled
- Did you handle large or small items?
Keeping accurate records and preparing thoroughly will ensure that you
or your attorney has the proper information to submit on your application.
Omitting or failing to gather sufficient information can hinder your claim
before it even starts.
Contact a Harrisburg Social Security Disability Attorney for a Free Case Review
There is hope and help available. At Metzger Wickersham, we can help you
streamline the application process to obtain your SSD benefits. Our disability
lawyers have used our knowledge and experience to help thousands of clients
just like you. Contact us today to find out how we can assist. We have
offices located in Harrisburg, Lancaster, Pottsville, Shippensburg, Wilkes-Barre
and York, allowing us to conveniently serve clients throughout Pennsylvania.