Follow These Steps, Then Call Metzger Wickersham
In an instant, your life can change on a Pennsylvania road through no fault of your own. Motor vehicle crashes can lead to debilitating injuries and impact a victim’s life in many ways. We know that your first concern after an accident is taking care of your health and family. But it’s also important to take steps to make sure your legal rights are protected.
If you are involved in a car or truck accident, you should know what information to gather to ensure that your case gets off to a smooth start. An accident can be stressful, but knowing what to do can help you deal with the unexpected.
Here are some helpful tips to follow and pertinent information to gather after an accident:
- Call 911 for medical assistance, if needed.
- Contact the police. Inform them if anyone is injured or if anyone is intoxicated.
Collect the following information from all parties involved in the accident
(including drivers, passengers, pedestrians and witnesses):
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- License plate number
- Make and model of cars
- Insurance information (insurance company name, phone number and policy number)
- Name of person to whom the vehicle is registered
Document all details of the accident, including:
- Date and time of the accident
- Accident location (intersection, address, exit number, etc.)
- Directions of the vehicles
- Description of how the crash occurred
- Weather/road conditions
- Police department information (names of responding police officers and badge numbers)
Contact a Pennsylvania Auto Accident Lawyer to Protect Your Rights
The physical and mental injuries that result from a car, truck or tractor trailer accident can shatter your life, and it may feel like you're on a never-ending road to recovery. We’re here to help you put the pieces back together. You don’t have to take on the legal system alone. An experienced personal injury lawyer at Metzger Wickersham can help you deal with the aftermath of an accident and correspond with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure that your rights are fully protected.
Call Metzger Wickersham at (888) 286-2850 for a free case review!