Harrisburg Brain Injury Lawyers
Handling Traumatic Brain Injury Cases in Pennsylvania
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can be extremely devastating, causing permanent damage that can change a person’s life. Caused by a forceful blow to the head, injury to the brain is a catastrophic injury that a person literally cannot recover from – once cells are damaged, they cannot be regenerated, and the brain must learn to perform functions in new ways. It is estimated that as many as 1.4 million Americans sustain a traumatic brain injury each year.
Traumatic brain injuries can cause the following long-term effects:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty concentrating
- Personality changes
- Chronic headaches
- Depression and anxiety
- Sensory impairment
When brain injuries are caused by the careless or intentional actions of another person, victims have a right to pursue compensation for damages, including medical bills, costs of home care, lost income and earning capacity, lost quality of life, and more. Talk to Metzger Wickersham today to learn more about your legal options.
Request your free case review today.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries can fall into one of the following categories:
- Concussion: The most common type of TBI, concussions may or may not result in a loss of consciousness.
- Coup-contrecoup: This type of TBI results when a blow to the head causes injury to opposite sides of the brain as it strikes both sides of the inside of the skull.
- Contusion: A contusion is an area of bleeding on the brain that, in severe cases, may need to be surgically removed.
- Penetration: A brain injury can be caused by a foreign object, such as a bullet, that penetrates the skull and enters the brain.
- Diffuse axonal: Caused by strong shaking or rotational forces, this type of injury causes tearing of nerve tissue that can result in widespread brain damage, coma, or death.
Fighting for Justice for Over 125 Years
Our Pennsylvania personal injury attorneys represent clients who have suffered brain injuries due to car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, sports accidents, and various other incidents. Metzger Wickersham is backed by over 125 years of experience and is ready to help you through this time. Call us today - your consultation is free and you pay nothing unless we win your case.
Reach out to our firm at (888) 286-2850. Our attorneys are standing by to offer you a free initial case review.