Harrisburg Brain Injury Lawyers
Handling Traumatic Brain Injury Cases in Pennsylvania
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can be extremely devastating, causing permanent damage that can change a person’s life. Caused by a forceful blow to the head, injury to the brain is a catastrophic injury that a person literally cannot recover from – once cells are damaged, they cannot be regenerated, and the brain must learn to perform functions in new ways. It is estimated that as many as 1.4 million Americans sustain a traumatic brain injury each year.
- Memory loss
- Difficulty concentrating
- Personality changes
- Chronic headaches
- Depression and anxiety
- Sensory impairment
When brain injuries are caused by the careless or intentional actions of another person, victims have a right to pursue compensation for damages, including medical bills, costs of home care, lost income and earning capacity, lost quality of life, and more. Talk to Metzger Wickersham today to learn more about your legal options.
Request your free case review today.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Concussion: The most common type of TBI, concussions may or may not result in a loss of consciousness.
- Coup-contrecoup: This type of TBI results when a blow to the head causes injury to opposite sides of the brain as it strikes both sides of the inside of the skull.
- Contusion: A contusion is an area of bleeding on the brain that, in severe cases, may need to be surgically removed.
- Penetration: A brain injury can be caused by a foreign object, such as a bullet, that penetrates the skull and enters the brain.
- Diffuse axonal: Caused by strong shaking or rotational forces, this type of injury causes tearing of nerve tissue that can result in widespread brain damage, coma, or death.
Fighting for Justice for 130+ years
Our Pennsylvania personal injury attorneys represent clients who have suffered brain injuries due to car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, sports accidents, and various other incidents. Metzger Wickersham is backed by over 130 years of experience and is ready to help you through this time. Call us today - your consultation is free and you pay nothing unless we win your case.
Reach out to our firm at (888) 286-2850. Our attorneys are standing by to offer you a free initial case review.
Do I Have a Valid Brain Injury Case?
This can depend on a number of different factors. For example, just because your accident or injury was caused by another party, doesn't mean you automatically have a claim.
- What caused the accident (drunk driving, speeding, faulty equipment, etc.)
- The severity of the injuries you suffered and long-term damage to your brain
- The individual or party at fault for the accident (manufacturer, company, driver, etc.)
- Whether or not you were hospitalized or treated for your brain injury
- How long it will / did take you to recover
- Whether or not you will need regular treatment or additional medical care
- If permanent damage has been caused to your health
- How much the injury affects your / your family's financial security
- Insurance coverage you / the other party has
The Challenge of Proving Fault
You will also need to be able to prove the fault and liability of the other party. That is where our firm comes in. The Pennsylvania brain injury attorneys at Metzger Wickersham bring years of combined experience to every case we take on. Our lawyers are well-versed in the evidence needed to prove fault in such cases. With a large support staff, we meticulously comb through every detail of our clients' cases, ensuring we are able to build a detailed, strategic claim on their behalf.
We know firsthand how devastating and complex these cases can be. With our insight and skill, we can help you pursue justice so that you can focus fully on healing.