What to Do When Injured — Understand the Steps to Take When You’re a Victim of Negligence
If you have been injured in any kind of accident, from an auto accident to an injury from a defective product, you will need to take immediate action to ensure you and others are safe and to protect your legal rights. If you have suffered a personal injury because of someone’s negligence, you have options, including seeking assistance from Metzger Wickersham.
- Talk with the proper authorities, such as the police department, and your own insurance company.
- Always keep your doctor’s appointments and follow your doctor’s orders. Not only is it essential for your own health, it’s important in a personal injury case.
- Be sure to get proper medical attention as soon as possible.
- If you believe your injury was caused by the carelessness or intentional act of another, contact Metzger Wickersham to schedule a consultation.
- Cooperate with the police, your own treating physicians and your own insurance company.