Choose A Firm With A History of ExcellenceLET OUR TEAM FIGHT FOR YOU
Harrisburg Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Filing a Workers’ Comp Claim After a Work-Related Injury or Illness
If you were injured on the job, in the workplace, or while carrying out any duties related to your employment in Pennsylvania, you are likely covered by workers’ compensation. Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system that allows injured employees to receive benefits following a work-related injury or illness without having to prove that their employer—or any other party—negligently caused the injury.
The process of filing for workers’ compensation in Pennsylvania can be challenging, especially when you are already focused on getting critical medical care and managing your daily living expenses while out of work. Let the team at Metzger Wickersham help you with your claim!
Workers' Compensation Lawyers Proudly Serving Pennsylvania for the last 134+ Years
Since 1888, we have been representing individuals and families throughout the state, providing compassionate, client-focused service and a results-oriented approach to litigation. At our Harrisburg office, our workers’ compensation lawyers offer free initial consultations and contingency fees, meaning you do not pay anything unless we recover benefits on your behalf.
What Types of Injuries Are Covered by Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation covers all work-related injuries, illnesses, and medical conditions. As long as your injury or condition is related to your employment, it is covered.
Some examples of common work-related injuries, illnesses, and medical conditions that are covered by workers’ compensation in Pennsylvania include:
- Slips, trips, and falls in the workplace
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Falls from heights/to lower levels
- Repetitive motion injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Exposure to harmful substances, including toxic chemicals
- Overexertion and overuse injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Being struck by falling objects
- Burn injuries
- Broken bones/fractures
- Loss of limb/amputation
- Crush injuries
- Entanglement and entrapment
- Machinery and equipment accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Hearing and/or vision damage
- Back, head, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Asbestosis, mesothelioma, and related conditions
- Work-related depression, anxiety, and other mental health disorders
- Explosions and fires
Note that this is not a complete list; if you suffered any type of work-related accident, injury, illness, or medical condition, you could be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
Workers’ Compensation Eligibility in Pennsylvania
In Pennsylvania, nearly all employers must provide workers’ compensation insurance for their employees. If you work for an employer and are classified as an employee—whether you work part-time, full-time, or seasonally—you are most likely covered.
To be eligible for workers’ compensation, you must:
- Be a covered employee
- Have suffered an injury or illness related to your work
- Be unable to work (as determined by a doctor) for at least 7 days
If you are out of work for at least 14 days, you can receive back-pay for your first 7 days of missed work once you file your workers’ compensation claim.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
The workers’ compensation system provides the following types of benefits for eligible employees:
- Medical Benefits: These benefits cover any/all medical costs associated with your work-related injury or illness, such as surgeries, rehabilitation, chemotherapy, hospitalization, chiropractic treatments, prescription medications, medical equipment, and orthopedic supplies.
- Wage-Loss Benefits: Workers’ compensation provides compensation for lost wages at approximately two-thirds the worker’s salary up to certain maximums for those who are totally disabled (temporarily or permanently) due to work-related injuries and/or illnesses.
- Specific-Loss Benefits: Specific-loss benefits are provided to workers who suffer specific impairments, such as the loss of a limb or eye, due to a workplace accident or work-related injury or illness.
- Death Benefits: The Pennsylvania workers’ compensation system also provides death benefits to eligible surviving dependents (e.g., spouses, children, etc.) when an employee is killed on the job or dies due to a work-related injury or illness.
To learn more about the exact benefits you may be eligible to receive, contact our Harrisburg workers’ compensation attorneys at Metzger Wickersham. We are happy to discuss the specifics of your case during a no-cost, no-obligation consultation at our office or at your home/in the hospital if needed.
Choosing the Right Workers' Compensation Attorney in Harrisburg, PA
When you choose Metzger Wickersham, you choose a legal team that has the skills, resources, and in-depth legal knowledge to effectively advocate for you. We are committed to fighting on behalf of injured workers throughout Dauphin County and can help you at whatever stage of the process you are in, from filing your initial workers’ compensation claim to appealing a denied claim or early termination of benefits. Our Harrisburg workers’ compensation lawyers understand the complexities of the law, and we know what it takes to advocate for the maximum benefits you are owed.
To request a complimentary case evaluation with one of our Harrisburg workers' comp attorneys, call our office at (888) 286-2850 or contact us online today using our simple submission form. you do not pay anything unless we recover benefits on your behalf.
"I was involved in a car accident (not at fault), that seemed like it would be straightforward. The at-fault driver accepted fault and so did their insurance company. The problem was that they wanted ..."M.H.
"I worked with [Attorney] Zachary Campbell & [Paralegal] Tammy Dagrosa & they were AMAZING! They helped me win my case & handle my medical debt from my accident! Thanks to them, my daughter & I will be ..."Former Client
"Very happy with our experience would highly recommend them Thank you Zack Campbell"Diana B.
"Metzger Wickersham’s [Attorney] Zach was so easy to work with. His professionalism is unmatched to any other attorney I have ever had to deal with. He always kept me informed on any new information ..."Cindy
"It is hard to express in words how grateful I am that I chose Metzger Wickersham to help me with my case. [Attorney] Andrea, [Paralegal] Shawn (Wilkes Barre Pa), [Attorney] Zach, [Paralegal] Melanie, ..."Patricia L.
"[Attorney] Zach and [Paralegal] Amber were beyond helpful. The attention to detail, constant communication and customer service is beyond appreciated. Would recommend to anyone that needs their help ..."Denise S.
"From the first interaction to the last, Attorney Zach Campbell and Paralegal Amber Freeman were professional and informative and provided great advice and guidance throughout the process. Never have ..."Crystal B.
"From the start, I could tell Attorney Campbell not only cared about my case but Me the person. To tell you the truth without his helpful advice, I'm not sure what the outcome would have been."Jill and Terry B.
"Attorney Zach Campbell and Paralegal Sandy Spade were great to work with. Zach is one of the best and most knowledgeable attorneys I have ever met."Janey G.
"Really appreciated working with Zach! He is very professional and helpful! Great experience! Thanks, MW!"Nikki C.
"We were very pleased with the performance, support, professionalism and determination of Mr. Zach Campbell and the law firm on our case. Every step along the way, we were kept informed of the progress."L.H.
"Zach was so easy to work with. His professionalism is unmatched to any other attorney I have ever had to deal with. He always kept me informed on any new information that came up in the course of his day."Cindy
Client-Focused & Results DrivenYou are more than just a case number. At our firm, we treat our clients like family and ensure you get the recovery you deserve.
24/7 RepresentationThe minute you need us, we are here to help. When you can't visit us, we'll visit you, and when you need answers, we'll give you solutions.
Dedicated TeamWhen you trust us with your case, you get a FULL team of dedicated and experienced attorneys working to solve your case.
Decades of ExperienceOur team has had our doors open for over 135 years and we have roots dating back to 1888.