Choose A Firm With A History of ExcellenceLET OUR TEAM FIGHT FOR YOU
Experienced Dog Bite Lawyers in Pottsville, PA
Delivering Trustworthy, High-Caliber Legal Assistance Since 1888
For over a century, Metzger Wickersham has been a staunch and empathetic defender of Pennsylvania residents, tirelessly working to shield individuals from the harm caused by negligent disregard. Our legal team is committed to holding negligent parties accountable, and we work tirelessly for our clients. Seeking justice for victims is important to us because we understand how being injured by a dog bite can be a traumatic experience.
In the unfortunate event you or a loved one is injured in a dog bite incident; Metzger Wickersham is ready to assist. We can help gather necessary evidence, estimate your damages, and advocate for your entitlement to just compensation. Our seasoned team of attorneys is devoted to securing justice for our clients promptly and professionally. We pride ourselves on our impressive history of successful representation of victims like yourself.
Contact us at (888) 286-2850 to schedule your first consultation with our experienced dog bite lawyers.
Comprehensive Overview of Pennsylvania's Dog Bite Laws
Pennsylvania's dog bite laws are a blend of statewide legislation and case law. These laws provide a thorough framework for understanding liability and compensation in the aftermath of a dog bite incident. The most common defenses in dog bite cases include trespassing and provocation. The owner might not be held liable if the victim was unlawfully on the property or provoked the dog.
If you’ve been involved in a dog bite incident, you should know the following to understand your rights and the expectations of dog owners:
- Understanding Liability and "Dangerous Dogs": Under Pennsylvania’s Dog Law, a dog owner becomes liable for damages inflicted by their dog if it severely injures another person, attacks someone unprovoked, or has been previously deemed a "dangerous dog."
- Dangerous Dogs: Pennsylvania's dangerous dog law is designed to protect residents and their pets from dangerous and aggressive dogs. A dangerous dog is defined as one that has attacked a person unprovoked or killed or injured a domestic animal without provocation while off its owner's property.
- Strict Liability vs. Negligence: Pennsylvania operates under a combined rule of strict liability and negligence for dog bites. If a dog has never bitten another dog or person before (known as the 'one bite rule'), the owner is responsible for medical costs but not additional damages unless negligence can be proven. However, if a dog has bitten another dog or person, it can be considered "dangerous," and the owner is liable for all damages.
- Control and Ownership: All dogs in Pennsylvania must be controlled and not allowed to run at large. Dogs are considered personal property, and owners are responsible for damage caused by their dogs.
- Leash Laws: Pennsylvania law requires that a dog must always be confined within the owner's premises, firmly secured by a collar and chain (leash), or under the owner's control. While there is no explicit state-wide leash law, certain locations and situations may require a dog to be leashed, and many cities throughout the state have their own dog leash laws.
- Licensing: All dogs three months of age or older must be licensed in Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania's dog bite laws, as outlined by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and case law, provide a comprehensive framework for understanding liability and compensation in dog bite cases. Understanding these laws is crucial when dealing with a dog bite case in Pennsylvania. Always consult with a knowledgeable attorney for legal advice tailored to your specific circumstances.
Rely on Our Expertise for Your Dog Bite Claim
Dog bite incidents, while common, can lead to severe repercussions. If you or a loved one has suffered after such an incident, the knowledgeable dog bite accident attorneys at Metzger Wickersham can help. Our team comprehends the magnitude of a dog bite claim and is equipped with the necessary resources to offer you personalized care and assistance. You can trust our team to work hard on your behalf. We're here to help you navigate through this challenging time.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a dog bite accident, schedule a consultation with our Pottsville dog bite attorneys by calling (888) 286-2850 or reaching out online.
"I was involved in a car accident (not at fault), that seemed like it would be straightforward. The at-fault driver accepted fault and so did their insurance company. The problem was that they wanted ..."M.H.
"I worked with [Attorney] Zachary Campbell & [Paralegal] Tammy Dagrosa & they were AMAZING! They helped me win my case & handle my medical debt from my accident! Thanks to them, my daughter & I will be ..."Former Client
"Very happy with our experience would highly recommend them Thank you Zack Campbell"Diana B.
"Metzger Wickersham’s [Attorney] Zach was so easy to work with. His professionalism is unmatched to any other attorney I have ever had to deal with. He always kept me informed on any new information ..."Cindy
"It is hard to express in words how grateful I am that I chose Metzger Wickersham to help me with my case. [Attorney] Andrea, [Paralegal] Shawn (Wilkes Barre Pa), [Attorney] Zach, [Paralegal] Melanie, ..."Patricia L.
"[Attorney] Zach and [Paralegal] Amber were beyond helpful. The attention to detail, constant communication and customer service is beyond appreciated. Would recommend to anyone that needs their help ..."Denise S.
"From the first interaction to the last, Attorney Zach Campbell and Paralegal Amber Freeman were professional and informative and provided great advice and guidance throughout the process. Never have ..."Crystal B.
"From the start, I could tell Attorney Campbell not only cared about my case but Me the person. To tell you the truth without his helpful advice, I'm not sure what the outcome would have been."Jill and Terry B.
"Attorney Zach Campbell and Paralegal Sandy Spade were great to work with. Zach is one of the best and most knowledgeable attorneys I have ever met."Janey G.
"Really appreciated working with Zach! He is very professional and helpful! Great experience! Thanks, MW!"Nikki C.
"We were very pleased with the performance, support, professionalism and determination of Mr. Zach Campbell and the law firm on our case. Every step along the way, we were kept informed of the progress."L.H.
"Zach was so easy to work with. His professionalism is unmatched to any other attorney I have ever had to deal with. He always kept me informed on any new information that came up in the course of his day."Cindy
Client-Focused & Results DrivenYou are more than just a case number. At our firm, we treat our clients like family and ensure you get the recovery you deserve.
24/7 RepresentationThe minute you need us, we are here to help. When you can't visit us, we'll visit you, and when you need answers, we'll give you solutions.
Dedicated TeamWhen you trust us with your case, you get a FULL team of dedicated and experienced attorneys working to solve your case.
Decades of ExperienceOur team has had our doors open for over 135 years and we have roots dating back to 1888.