Pottsville Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Serving Injured Workers throughout Pennsylvania
In Pennsylvania, most employers are required to have workers’ compensation coverage. This means that the majority of working Pennsylvanians are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits if they are injured on the job.
If you have suffered a workplace injury, you deserve the full extent of benefits to which you are entitled under the law. If your employer is making things difficult for you or if your request for benefits has been denied, you need a skilled Pottsville workers’ compensation attorney working for you right away.
Metzger Wickersham offers comprehensive representation for injured Pennsylvanians. We make sure your voice is heard and that your needs are met.
Call us at (888) 286-2850 to get started with a free consultation. We look forward to hearing your story.
Types of Workplace Injuries
Most types of injuries are eligible for workers’ compensation if they were sustained due to the worker’s job. This may include occupational diseases and pre-existing conditions that have been aggravated by the person’s work.
Examples of workplace injuries could include:
- Injuries sustained in a car accident while driving on the clock for work purposesBroken bones
- Construction accidents
- Exposure to harmful chemicals/substances
- Electrocution and burns
Regardless of the circumstances of your accident and your resulting injury, Metzger Wickersham is ready to help you.
How to Seek Benefits
The worker’s compensation system is extremely complex and the process for requesting and obtaining benefits can seem convoluted. We encourage you to leave the hard work to our Pottsville workers’ compensation lawyers.
After a work injury :
- Report your injury to your supervisor or manager as soon as possible (we recommend reporting the injury in writing so that there is documented evidence)
- Seek medical attention and take careful notes about the doctor’s diagnosis and the appointment in general
- Make sure your employer properly files a claim with their workers’ compensation carrier, and then contact Metzger Wickersham for skilled legal counsel
From there, Metzger Wickersham can assist you with the necessary paperwork and guide you through every step of the process. We know you are going through a lot right now – that’s why we strive to make things as easy as possible for you.
To get started on your case, please call us at (888) 286-2850 or contact us online.