Choose A Firm With A History of ExcellenceLET OUR TEAM FIGHT FOR YOU
Lancaster Car Accident Lawyers
Let Our 130+ Years of Experience Fight For You
Auto accidents happen when you least expect, and the results are often devastating. While insurance companies should be there to help accident victims quickly recover from their injuries, the truth is their interests lie in protecting the bottom line, even if it means withholding money they are obligated to pay.
This is not how things should be. Metzger Wickersham is here to help you fight for the compensation you are owed. Since 1888, our Lancaster car accident lawyers have helped clients hold insurance companies responsible for the care they need to render. Let us help you get back to your life.
4 Reasons to Hire a Car Accident Attorney in Lancaster, PA
If you’ve been injured in a car crash through no fault of your own, here’s why you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible:
1. Insurance companies are not working for you
Insurance companies are profit-driven. Most insurance companies are large corporations that aim to reduce costs as much as possible while keeping profits high. They continually raise premiums and try to keep payouts to a minimum; they even deny legitimate claims. This means that, in most cases, insurance companies unfortunately do not have an injured person’s best interest in mind. If you’ve suffered an injury due to another driver’s negligence, you cannot afford to have your claim denied or to get less than you deserve. Innocent crash victims who come up against these kinds of insurance company tactics need an advocate looking out for them.
2. Personal injury attorneys have experience dealing with insurance companies
Personal injury lawyers are experienced in negotiating with insurance company adjusters and claims representatives because they deal with them all day, every day. The average individual probably has not had many dealings with an insurance company adjuster and is unlikely to be familiar with all the ins and outs of how a personal injury claim is handled. Car accident attorneys know what to say and what not to say to the insurance company. Once you retain an attorney to represent you in your accident claim, your attorney will handle all correspondence with the insurance company on your behalf and ensure that you receive fair treatment in settlement negotiations.
3. A Car Accident lawyer knows how much your case is worth
A knowledgeable attorney will assess the extent of your injuries, wage loss, pain and suffering, and numerous other factors in order to place a fair value on your personal injury claim. There is no specific formula for determining settlement value, but an attorney who is familiar with personal injury cases will have a very accurate idea of what you can expect to receive. The overwhelming majority of clients are happy they hired a lawyer who took the time to investigate and factor all details into the value of their case, rather than rush into a quick, but unfair, the settlement with the insurance company on their own.
4. You do not owe any fees unless your attorney recovers money for you
Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you will not pay attorneys’ fees unless you win your case. Since you will have no upfront costs, there is nothing to lose and everything to gain by having an experienced accident lawyer represent you.
Do You Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident in Lancaster?
One of the biggest questions you might have about your accident claim is whether or not you should hire an attorney. It might seem less complicated to handle your claim on your own, but having legal guidance can greatly increase your chances of recovery the maximum compensation you deserve.
A Lancaster accident attorney can help you with:
- Collecting evidence - A crucial part of an accident claim is evidence of liability. Your attorney can help you gather medical records, police reports, witness statements, and more that demonstrate who is responsible for the accident and the amount of harm you sustained.
- Managing the claim - An accident claim can take weeks or even months to resolve. Your attorney can handle all aspects of your case, such as the initial filing and communicating with the insurance company.
- Recovering compensation - Most car accident claims settle outside of court. Your attorney can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to recover compensation that will cover all your damages and losses. In the rare event that a settlement cannot be reached, your attorney can also help you take your case to court.
If you still have doubts about hiring a car accident lawyer in Lancaster, contact our firm today. We can review your case during a free consultation and advise you of your next steps.
How Can Metzger Wickersham Help Your Case?
Serious injuries are expensive to treat. You may end up spending days or weeks in the hospital, costing you tens of thousands in medical fees. While proving that the other driver was at fault can be easy, there is always the chance that an insurance company may argue that you were also at fault. Since Pennsylvania is a comparative negligence state, the amount of compensation you receive could be negatively affected.
If you retain Metzger Wickersham, our Lancaster accident lawyers can help you:
- Prove that the other driver was at fault for the accident
- Demonstrate the severity and impact of your injuries
- Determine the appropriate and fair amount of damages you are entitled to receive
Protect Yourself From Insufficient Settlements
Once your accident gets reported to the other driver’s insurance company, they will immediately begin building a case against you. There is a chance you may have already been offered a settlement check that would bind you to a small amount of compensation, before you are even finished treating for your injuries. Our Lancaster car accident lawyers know how to fight against this.
If you were injured, you should:
- Get your injuries examined and treated by a doctor of your choosing — Make sure you are treating consistently and following all doctors’ orders. This will help build a stronger case in your favor.
- Refuse a settlement check without first speaking to an attorney — Let a qualified legal professional like the ones at Metzger Wickersham help you determine how much compensation is fair and just. Do not accept a minimal amount just because the insurance company aggressively offers it to you.
- Get the help of an experienced attorney — Generally speaking, Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident. With a car accident attorney in your corner, this is plenty of time to build a strong case and obtain the best possible outcome for your situation.
Call Metzger Wickersham at (888) 286-2850 Now
Let our experienced team help you plan your case. We know the strategies that work in court, and we are not afraid to fight. As your representatives, our award-winning team of litigators will aggressively demand that insurance companies deliver on their obligations. During your free consultation, we will discuss how to proceed with your case. In situations where you have lost a loved one, you may have a case of accidental death due to negligence or reckless driving.
"I was involved in a car accident (not at fault), that seemed like it would be straightforward. The at-fault driver accepted fault and so did their insurance company. The problem was that they wanted ..."M.H.
"I worked with [Attorney] Zachary Campbell & [Paralegal] Tammy Dagrosa & they were AMAZING! They helped me win my case & handle my medical debt from my accident! Thanks to them, my daughter & I will be ..."Former Client
"Very happy with our experience would highly recommend them Thank you Zack Campbell"Diana B.
"Metzger Wickersham’s [Attorney] Zach was so easy to work with. His professionalism is unmatched to any other attorney I have ever had to deal with. He always kept me informed on any new information ..."Cindy
"It is hard to express in words how grateful I am that I chose Metzger Wickersham to help me with my case. [Attorney] Andrea, [Paralegal] Shawn (Wilkes Barre Pa), [Attorney] Zach, [Paralegal] Melanie, ..."Patricia L.
"[Attorney] Zach and [Paralegal] Amber were beyond helpful. The attention to detail, constant communication and customer service is beyond appreciated. Would recommend to anyone that needs their help ..."Denise S.
"From the first interaction to the last, Attorney Zach Campbell and Paralegal Amber Freeman were professional and informative and provided great advice and guidance throughout the process. Never have ..."Crystal B.
"From the start, I could tell Attorney Campbell not only cared about my case but Me the person. To tell you the truth without his helpful advice, I'm not sure what the outcome would have been."Jill and Terry B.
"Attorney Zach Campbell and Paralegal Sandy Spade were great to work with. Zach is one of the best and most knowledgeable attorneys I have ever met."Janey G.
"Really appreciated working with Zach! He is very professional and helpful! Great experience! Thanks, MW!"Nikki C.
"We were very pleased with the performance, support, professionalism and determination of Mr. Zach Campbell and the law firm on our case. Every step along the way, we were kept informed of the progress."L.H.
"Zach was so easy to work with. His professionalism is unmatched to any other attorney I have ever had to deal with. He always kept me informed on any new information that came up in the course of his day."Cindy
Client-Focused & Results DrivenYou are more than just a case number. At our firm, we treat our clients like family and ensure you get the recovery you deserve.
24/7 RepresentationThe minute you need us, we are here to help. When you can't visit us, we'll visit you, and when you need answers, we'll give you solutions.
Dedicated TeamWhen you trust us with your case, you get a FULL team of dedicated and experienced attorneys working to solve your case.
Decades of ExperienceOur team has had our doors open for over 135 years and we have roots dating back to 1888.