Choose A Firm With A History of ExcellenceLET OUR TEAM FIGHT FOR YOU
Lancaster Big Rig Accident Attorneys
Get the Compensation You Need to Fully Recover
Accidents involving commercial big rigs can be catastrophic, and full recovery from those injuries can take weeks to years. It’s important that you get the care you need to be able to peacefully return to the life you had before the accident. As one of Pennsylvania’s most established law firms, the Lancaster personal injury lawyers at Metzger Wickersham have the experience to help you obtain the best possible outcome for your situation. With over 130 years of dependable legal practice, we know what it takes to help you fight for what you need.
Fighting Trucking Insurance Companies
When you are injured in an accident with a big rig, you will be dealing with a commercial insurance provider, and companies of that size are notoriously strategic in underpaying victims. If you were injured by the other driver’s irresponsibility, the insurance company may have already reached out to you with a settlement and tried to convince you to accept it. It is important that you first speak with a Lancaster truck accident attorney who has your best interests at heart.
Following your accident, you should:
- Gather supporting evidence: Take pictures. Obtain statements. Make sure the police file a report about the accident. The more information you have available, the better your chances will be of a successful recovery. If there is any chance the insurance company can show you were at fault, it could greatly hurt your chances at adequate compensation.
- Seek treatment for your injuries immediately: By seeing a doctor right away, you can ensure that your injuries will be accurately documented for legal purposes. If you have a doctor you trust, you should see them first. Even though the bills will be mounting, your doctor’s opinion and supporting medical records will play a crucial role in your personal injury claim.
- Speak with a qualified attorney: Metzger Wickersham offers free consultations. You can speak with one of our award-winning lawyers to learn more about how to proceed. Let us speak with the trucking company’s insurance company on your behalf.
Who is At Fault for Truck Accidents in Lancaster?
Determining who is at fault for your trucking accident is essential for recovering the compensation you deserve. Unfortunately, truck accidents are complicated and can involve multiple at-fault parties. The good news is our Lancaster big-rig accident attorneys are experienced in investigating trucking collisions and uncovering who is responsible for your injuries.
Potential at-fault parties in a trucking accident include:
- The driver: Truck drivers make errors just like the drivers of passenger vehicles. Whether it’s distracted driving, driving under the influence, or speeding, negligent driving behaviors are a leading cause of big-rig accidents in Pennsylvania.
- The trucking company: The company that employs a truck driver or owns the truck is responsible for ensuring the vehicle is safe and that its drivers are following FMCSA regulations. Trucking companies often cut corners by failing to maintain their trucks or hiring drivers who are inexperienced or have a history of violations.
- The truck manufacturer: Like any other product, big-rigs can have defects that make them unsafe. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents are defective tires and brakes. In these cases, the company that manufactured the vehicle may be held liable.
Proving liability in a truck accident case is no easy feat. It requires skill and resources to uncover what caused the accident and who is to blame. The Lancaster trucking accident lawyers at Metzger Wickersham have been helping injured individuals for over 130 years and have developed the experienced needed for successfully handling these complicated cases.
Choose Metzger Wickersham
With over a century of legal service to clients throughout Lancaster and Pennsylvania, we understand what it takes to file a successful lawsuit. With us on your side, you can rest easy knowing your case is in good hands. Our firm contains some of the state’s top lawyers, including a board certified trial lawyer and several members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®. Our team understands how to help you obtain the best possible outcome for your situation.
During your free consultation, we will go over what to expect during your case and how to prepare. As your advocates, we will help you understand what challenges you may face and what it takes to overcome them. Let us fight for you.
"I was involved in a car accident (not at fault), that seemed like it would be straightforward. The at-fault driver accepted fault and so did their insurance company. The problem was that they wanted ..."M.H.
"I worked with [Attorney] Zachary Campbell & [Paralegal] Tammy Dagrosa & they were AMAZING! They helped me win my case & handle my medical debt from my accident! Thanks to them, my daughter & I will be ..."Former Client
"Very happy with our experience would highly recommend them Thank you Zack Campbell"Diana B.
"Metzger Wickersham’s [Attorney] Zach was so easy to work with. His professionalism is unmatched to any other attorney I have ever had to deal with. He always kept me informed on any new information ..."Cindy
"It is hard to express in words how grateful I am that I chose Metzger Wickersham to help me with my case. [Attorney] Andrea, [Paralegal] Shawn (Wilkes Barre Pa), [Attorney] Zach, [Paralegal] Melanie, ..."Patricia L.
"[Attorney] Zach and [Paralegal] Amber were beyond helpful. The attention to detail, constant communication and customer service is beyond appreciated. Would recommend to anyone that needs their help ..."Denise S.
"From the first interaction to the last, Attorney Zach Campbell and Paralegal Amber Freeman were professional and informative and provided great advice and guidance throughout the process. Never have ..."Crystal B.
"From the start, I could tell Attorney Campbell not only cared about my case but Me the person. To tell you the truth without his helpful advice, I'm not sure what the outcome would have been."Jill and Terry B.
"Attorney Zach Campbell and Paralegal Sandy Spade were great to work with. Zach is one of the best and most knowledgeable attorneys I have ever met."Janey G.
"Really appreciated working with Zach! He is very professional and helpful! Great experience! Thanks, MW!"Nikki C.
"We were very pleased with the performance, support, professionalism and determination of Mr. Zach Campbell and the law firm on our case. Every step along the way, we were kept informed of the progress."L.H.
"Zach was so easy to work with. His professionalism is unmatched to any other attorney I have ever had to deal with. He always kept me informed on any new information that came up in the course of his day."Cindy
Client-Focused & Results DrivenYou are more than just a case number. At our firm, we treat our clients like family and ensure you get the recovery you deserve.
24/7 RepresentationThe minute you need us, we are here to help. When you can't visit us, we'll visit you, and when you need answers, we'll give you solutions.
Dedicated TeamWhen you trust us with your case, you get a FULL team of dedicated and experienced attorneys working to solve your case.
Decades of ExperienceOur team has had our doors open for over 135 years and we have roots dating back to 1888.